Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of value of Custom fields "Labels"?

Trần Tài October 5, 2023

Hi,

I can't find out where this field config. Please help me check this field and how to define/edit list of value?

Thanks,

Tai

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2023

@Trần Tài -

Welcome to the community.  "Labels" field (out of the box) is a special system default field from the application.  When this field is populated by users, the new value is automatically added to the option list at the system level.  There is no field configuration UI for this out of the box field.

However, you can create custom field with "Labels" data type where you can setup the field context to be applied to specific project (meaning that the custom field is populated, then the value added is only available for the specific project only).

Again, you cannot manage the options of a "Labels" field like a select list dropdown field etc.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Trần Tài October 5, 2023

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

Thanks your answer!

I used this field in few of projects, but i didn't know how to add the value or edit the old value.

When i review my service request, i can show a select list dropdown in this filed.

Is it different of your answer?

Thanks, Tai

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2023

@Trần Tài -

The "Labels" field option listing is based on what users key in against the issue.  It is not something that you can manage/configured.

Example - Someone key in "xyz" in the field and save the change, then "xyz" will now become an valid option for the field.  To remove the field, one will need to identify the issues with this value and remove it from the issue itself.

Again, this special system field cannot be managed like a regular select list data typed custom fields.

Best, Joseph

Trần Tài October 5, 2023

Hi Joseph,

I've understand your answer and your example.

I created a new value in this field.

Thanks a lot!

Tai

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders