Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking together automation on requester email domain, organisation creation and portal restriction

Paula Lyon-Lee June 17, 2024

So here is what I want to happen,

Support request is submitted via email
Service project receives the email
creates a ticket -(everything up to this point is working correctly)

use the requester email domain to determine the organisation
creates the organisation if it does not exist
Adds the user to the organisation
adds the ticket to the organisation
populates the  Organisations field on the ticket.

I just can't get it all working together. 

I also have this setting set to no because I do not want users to be able to see each others tickets in the portal if they register

Should new requests automatically be shared with a customer's organization?

No, don't share email requests with the customer's organization. Requests sent from the portal will not be shared unless the customer selects otherwise

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2024

@Paula Lyon-Lee -

Need to confirm that "I just can't get it all working together. " means you have all the rules established and working, but it is not working as expected where the first rule at Issue Created trigger is not triggering the org creation?

Please advise.  On the other hand, I am not aware that there is an action that will create the organization objects.  I believe you will need to use the action "Send Webhook" with the correct REST APIs call and JSON body to conduct the setup.  I have not personally done that yet at this time.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Paula Lyon-Lee June 18, 2024

Hello and thank you for the quick response.

I believe I have set thing up correctly.

I have organisations with domains registered to them to capture new customers.
When a new customer emails a request they correctly get added to the organisation and I can see the request listed for the organisation.

The issue is that the tickets Organisations field is not being populated.

I have tried creating an automation rule that triggers when an issue is created and the action is Edit issue -> set Organisations -> Use reporters e-mail domain
with the option to create the organisation if it doesn't exist

I also do not want requesters to see each others requests even if they are in the same organisation.

I also need the email domain of the organisation to be set as well if thats possible

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events