cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Multiple Jira Service Clouds

Richard Rykowski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 24, 2022

Hello Community - 

I have a rather unique (or not) situation.  I work with 2 third parties who currently both run their support teams through Jira Service Management.  I have my own instance of Jira Service Management.  Ideally, I would like the ability to integrate with the partner instances.

For example,  let's say that I have a user in my finance team who opens an internal incident with my helpdesk.  The helpdesk, after triage, determines that we need to open an incident in the partner JSM.  This is another ticket.  Now, my support team is stuck doing copy and paste between the two instances, keeping the end user in my organization updated with the partner comments, and keeping the partner updated with my end user comments.  Is there a way to seamlessly connect the two?

5 answers

3 votes
Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2022

Hi @Richard Rykowski

This is Dhiren from Exalate.

Exalate, provides a fully bi-directional synchronization between Jira(Cloud,Server,Data Center) and Jira(Cloud,Server,Data Center) among other ITSM systems that is fully customizable. It is easy to set up and the entire customization can be configured using a no-code interface. It also provides a Groovy based scripting engine for limitless customizability.

You can even integrate between Jira Software, Jira Service Management (Service Desk) and sync issues inside projects back and forth to achieve your integration requirements.

Exalate provides a flexible synchronization engine such that issues are automatically and securely synced - between multiple Jira's - wherever hosted. Benefit from a unified view and integrated workflow!

Use cases supported:

• Service Desk to Service Desk
  • Service Desk to Software
  • Agile Board Cooperation
  • Ticket Tunnels
  • Information Consolidation
  • Centralized Master Instance
  • Migration
  • Support and development

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product in action, feel free to book a slot with us. 

Thanks
Dhiren

1 vote
Umer Sohail _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 29, 2022

Hi @Richard Rykowski thanks for reaching out on the community.

I would suggest you to search the Atlassian Marketplace using the keyword "Jira issue sync" and you can find multiple options there. 

For instance, K15t GmbH also offers a solution called Backbone Issue Sync for Jira. It allows you to connect and synchronize Jira instances (including JSM instances) and share jira data like fields, comments, attachments in real time. This means you don't have waste time copying Jira issues again and again and keep updating them manually.

Plus, you can be very flexible and connect Jira Software, Service Management, or Work Management projects on Jira Cloud, Server, or Data Center. 

Let me know in case you have questions or simply sign up for a demo here and we can show you how the product works.

Best Regards, 

Umer Sohail

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2022

Hello @Richard Rykowski

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand that you are looking for a way to automatically sync your issues between multiple sites, so you would not need to copy comments, details, and any other information from one issue to another. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, Jira doesn't have this type of feature. We have a feature request to consider this possibility in the future:

Ability to sync tasks and issues between two instances

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and receive notifications about any updates.

For now, you have a few options that can help you achieve something similar:

1. You can connect both issues through application Links. It will not sync issues, however, you will be able to link issues from different sites, making it easier to move between sites.
  2. You can use a third-party app to properly sync issues between sites:
    Issue Sync apps 

Let us know if you have any questions.

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 29, 2022

@Richard Rykowski hi there and welcome to the community! Diana from ZigiWave here! Check out ZigiOps. It's a no-code tool that can help you connect, sync your Jira instances and keep them up to date in real time, and automatically transfer data between them (tickets, updates, comments, and others). It's easily customizable, so you can tweak it to fit various use cases. Feel free to take a look at it and if you think it might be useful for your project, book a demo to see it in action.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

0 votes
Katarzyna Szumilas_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
August 27, 2022

Hi @Richard Rykowski

As Petter already mentioned, if you are open to third-party solutions, Atlassian Marketplace offers a few synchronization applications.

I'm part of the team behind Issue Sync - Synchronization for Jira and our plugin covers the exact use case described by you above.
It lets you synchronize Jira Service Management projects across multiple instances and hostings. You can set a custom event that will trigger issue creation on your partner's Jira (for example when the original issue enters the triage state) and copy over: fields, comments, or attachments and keep them in sync also when their values change. 
You can check the app with our 30 days long trial or book a free demo session via Calendly.

Best regards,
Kasia

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events