Linked issue types / automaiton

Manuel Rodrigues May 3, 2023

I'm looking to create an automation for linked issues to bascially mimic the status transition of the source issue. 

Issues will be linked manually when we effectively see it's a duplicate request albeit from a different requester. We want all the linked tickets to link mimic the status changes on the original ticket is this possible and what would be the best way to set up the automation ?

I've looked at similar requests online but it isn't clear to me when building the automation if I'm referring to the source issue or the "duplicated"/linked issues themselves.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hi @Manuel Rodrigues 

You could experiment with this rule from the automation library and tweak it to your needs, similar to the below one:

transition issues.png

Feel free to change the link type and/or add conditions before executing the transitions.

I built the following but it isn't working and not even reporting an error. I also tried switching the "duplicates" to the "is duplicated by" place thinking that could be it, but nothing changed.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 131533.png

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Little I can do without having more info. What does the audit log say?

Screenshot 2023-05-03 140058.png

It doesn't return any errors.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS