Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Asset when user creates support ticket

Guy Townsend January 9, 2023

Hi,

I'm hopeful someone can help with what I hope is a simple query. We are in the early stages of setting up our cloud JSM Helpdesk and would like to achieve the following;

When a user logs a support request we want them to be able to select from a list of assets that is assigned to them

We have created and populated an asset project schema, we have assigned a particular piece of equipment to a test user. I have created an asset object custom field and configured the User interaction to show 'name' **(where name is the asset name)**. However this field in the new ticket request form allows users to search all assets rather than pick the ones just linked to them.

I'm wondering if this needs to be created in Filter Scope (AQL) and or Filter issue scope (AQL) but I am unsure of the correct syntax should this be the case.

Thanks in anticipation for helping a newb!

Best wishes,

Guy

2 answers

2 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Hi @Guy Townsend ,

So you have all users in Assets. You can use these User objects if you have an attribute where you also have the Jira user name. If so you can create a new field of type Assets objects and place it in the request. As filter you can use:

Filter scope (AQL): objecttype = equipment

Filter issue scope (AQL): object having inR(objecttype = User and "Jira user" in (${reporter}))

Allow search filtering by these attributes: Label

This should be enough to make the equipment objects appear of the user in the portal.

Rudy

2 votes
Adrian Wood
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2023

Guy,

You could try setting the Filter Issue Scope to:

"Assignee" = ${reporter}

Where "Assignee" is the field that is used to link the asset to the user. 

Regards,

Adrian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events