Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link two assets via serial number object type

Davide Cioranu June 7, 2024

Hi all,
I am trying to setup Jira Asset to start using this and import our assets.
Currently, we have Asset Discovery running daily, which gets for us valuable data.

I had in mind to link discovered "hosts" to "hardware assets" via the serial number field.
This would meant the field would require to be converted into an object to have references/attributes linked between them.
As it currently stands, I  have created an Object Type called "Serial number", which would have all the discovered Serial numbers from the network discovery.

If I manually populate this, and manually link this to a new hardware asset, this works as expected.

My issue is currently with the Asset Discovery import. I am not able to get the "serial number" attribute in "hosts" to map to this object type field and I believe this is because of AQL Screenshot 2024-06-08 010641.png I have tried to follow guides within and outside the community and I am not able to find any solution.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Justin Rainey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2024

I have the same issue. Thanks for sharing this post.

Any Suggestions. Labcorp

0 votes
Frederic Wolf
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2024

Just had a quick look at your screenshot. Put Serial Number in Quotes.

So it looks like this „Serial Number“

tell me if it works.

Davide Cioranu June 8, 2024

Not sure if you are referring at the "Serial number" on the left. 
My screenshot was not the clearest.
Here's a better view (btw, that didn't work)
jira2.png

Frederic Wolf
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2024

I am not sure how your acid object structure is working. Can you post a screenshot of the Attribute structure?

If you try to Filter Your  object by the serial number In the Overview how How does the AQL look like. 

and the most cases the label is the name Attribute, or are you using the serial for the name and label or is there a dedicated field for this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events