Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link duplicates and close

Luke Murray June 8, 2021

This seems like a really basic helpdesk feature that JSM is unable to complete without creating a workflow/automation/transition. 

See image. User has responded to a ticket - a duplicate has been raised.

How do you link and close these? 

jirasm.png

3 answers

2 votes
mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2021

Hey @Luke Murray,

I know this should be part of core JSM, but until now you need to merge issues manually or use apps. Speaking of apps: All of these actions can be done at once with Dupicate AI (>> Disclaimer: I'm the owner of that app. 😉 <<).

1. It will automatically find duplicate issues (e.g. duplicate email tickets) & highlight them in the sidebar like this:

reterertet.png

2. Then you can then define one-click presets for actions you want to apply all at once, e.g.

• You once define
    • Preset "ITSM: Merge Issues & Close"
    • Means to: "Close the dupe, copy comments, copy content as comment, copy request participants, ..."
  • Then you'll apply all of these at once under a simple menu

2021-06-14 12_06_28-Merge Presets _ One-Click Merging - Duplicate AI Documentation.png

I'd be super interested in your thoughts.

- Cheers, Markus

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

Thanks for sharing @mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_ . Looks like a cool app. Might have to give it a try myself. 

Luke Murray June 14, 2021

Thanks for your reply. 

I've decided to move away from JSM and towards a fit-for-purpose helpdesk software. 

IMO JiraSM is a badly designed and poorly executed Helpdesk. It lacks basic functionality, documentation is convoluted and too many options rely on 3rd party apps or paid for services. 

Both Zendesk and Freshworks took less than 20 mins a piece to be fully functional. 

Like # people like this
mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2021

@Luke Murray, sorry to hear that, but I also feel at times that the Atlassian products got too bloated and development too slow to catch up on fit-for-purpose alternatives developed from scratch.

@Jack Brickey Would be great to hear what works and what doesn't from a seasoned guy like you, so I can drive the product into the right direction. :)

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
June 15, 2021

Hi @Luke Murray 

Another option would be our cloud app Merge Agent for Jira.

With our app you can

• merge content from two or more issues
  • transition issues while merging

If you ever plan to move back to JSM, you could give it a try.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021

JSM provides the ability to link two issues together manually and I assume you already understand how to do that? If you want to close something as a duplicate then what I typically do is I link it as a duplicate and simply move it to the Done status. I also often use a duplicate resolution code. I think however you’re looking for something a little more elaborate possibly?

Luke Murray June 8, 2021

Hi Jack, 

Nothing elaborate at all. I literally want to copy the user text into the original ticket and delete the duplicate. 

I understand how to link them however this isn't the action I want. This just creates a reference to the duplicate. 

Luke Murray June 8, 2021

jsm2.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2021

You would have to manually copy or create some script or automation. 

Like Luke Murray likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events