Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Jira software with jira service management

Daniel Bermudez April 4, 2024

Hi, recently in my company, we migrated from Jira Software to Jira Service Management. It turns out that in the previous instance, we had Scrum boards, and now in Service Management, they are not available.

We would like to know if there is any way to keep the two instances linked... I believe there is a possibility because in a request my manager made, he received this response:

"to have both, Jira Software and Jira Service Management installed on the same instance, as long as you have a Jira Software DC license, and when that is done, you can then have a JSM project integrated with a JSW project."

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

Hello @Daniel Bermudez 

Can you provide more details about the process you went through for

"we migrated from Jira Software to Jira Service Management."

You have a tag on your post that says your Deployment is "Cloud", but in your last comment you said that your JSM instance is not on Cloud.

Were you using a self hosted Jira Software instance? And when you set up JSM, did you set that up on a separate host/server?

Also what did you "migrate"? Did you actually copy data from your JSW instance to your JSM instance? Does the JSW instance still exist? Are you going to continue to use it? Do you want to have both JSM and JSW issues, where the JSM issues are linked to JSW issues that are managed in Scrum boards?

Or are you just wanting to be able to use a Scrum board to show the issues that now exist in the JSM projects?

Daniel Bermudez April 8, 2024

Were you using a self hosted Jira Software instance? And when you set up JSM, did you set that up on a separate host/server?
R/ Yes, we are using a self hosted server 

Also what did you "migrate"? Did you actually copy data from your JSW instance to your JSM instance?
R/ Yes, we copied the data

Does the JSW instance still exist?
R/ Yes, our JSW instance still exist

Do you want to have both JSM and JSW issues, where the JSM issues are linked to JSW issues that are managed in Scrum boards?
R/ Not exactly

Or are you just wanting to be able to use a Scrum board to show the issues that now exist in the JSM projects?
R/ Yes it is exactly that, and we want to continue using the scrum boards in JSM 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2024

I have not tried what you are trying to do, but I believe this post has suggestions relevant to your scenario.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Connect-two-Jira-instances/qaq-p/1646729

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2024

Hi @Daniel Bermudez 

Welcome to our Community.

It seems you're seeking the solution to connect JSW DC issues to JSM Cloud tickets. I know in JSW Cloud, there's the Application tunnels which can implement it. 

image.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

YY哥

Daniel Bermudez April 4, 2024

Hello!
The thing is that, the JSM instance that we are using is not on cloud, it is on server too

Daniel Bermudez April 12, 2024

our instance of JSM is self hosted 

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2024

Hi @Daniel Bermudez 

If JSM DC & JSW DC are in the same instance, then you can directly link the issues btween them.

Daniel Bermudez April 16, 2024

How can I tell if my instance is JSW DC and JSM DC?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2024

If you have sufficient Administrator permissions you can click on the gear icon near your avatar and select Applications. On that page select the Versions & Licenses page. That will show you the products installed on that host and the licenses for each. Jira Software and Jira Service Management would both be listed if they are both installed.

Daniel Bermudez April 16, 2024

This is what is showing on that page:image.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2024

Then you have only Jira Service Management installed on that instance.

Did you look at the options in the post for which I provided a link previously?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Connect-two-Jira-instances/qaq-p/1646729

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events