Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence for JSM, Business Approvers, Insight, Connect

Ali Hamoudi February 16, 2021

Hi Guys, 

I have a customer interested in JSM Cloud asking me the following questions can you maybe help us here? 

1. User Licencing
      • They will have 75 agent user/ 200 business approvers and 2500 end users. How much JSM/Jira licence do they have to pay yearly?
    2. For the same amount they will need SSO Access.
      • How are the costs calculated there?
    3. CMDB Insight
      • How is the licence for insight calculated? Per object? Customer wants to use it for Hardware and Software.
    4. CTI Integration
      • Possible? If yes how?

BR

Ali 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021
  1. 75 Agents and 2500 Jira core or Software users, assuming your business approvers are set up as "customers" rather than Jira users
  2. See https://www.atlassian.com/software/access/pricing (this does not care what type of users they are though, beyond "customers" being free)
  3. By the number of people who have access to it
  4. You need to explain "CTI" - what do conquer the island games have to do with this?  Or cooling towers?

Hi Nic, 

thx for your time and your answers. 

CTI means an integration for the channel telephone, as far as I researched there is no current good solution for that in the JSM area. 

BR
Ali 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Have a look in the marketplace, there are several apps you can add to Jira that handle telephony.

Like Ali Hamoudi likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2021

Wanna clarify the Insight licensing to avoid something being read in to it.

By the number of people who have access to it

That would be the highest number of tier you have. (so for you that might be a 2500 tier of Core users)

As it is being integrated in to Cloud now tho it's a bit of a guess what will happen to the product in Q2 2021 as licensing goes.

Also you would need a definition of "End users" for those 2500. If you consider End Users as people that create tickets and request things they would also be customers (just like the business approvers). So make sure you define what the user needs to be able to do so you don't buy a 2500tier for customers (who are free)

Hi Dirk, 

Thx for you time and answers, the licencing is a big question and somehow confusing currently. 

Based on what we know for now, the 200 Business Approvers, could be considered as customers and also the end users. We have to concentrate on the 75 which in the end will need: 

JSM licence for agents

Confluence

Insight 

Access (Here I am not sure how customers/end users would need access to Atlassian Access)

BR
Ali 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2021

Well the big question is how will the person interact with a ticket (incident/request/..)

If they only create them through the portal/email/widget and do follow up as the requester or approver, they can be considered customers.

Customers will not have access to the full JIRA experience but only through a portal where they see specifically what they are entitled to.

Customers in a JSM project are unlicensed.

If they however need to work actively on the tickets (agent, change manager, problem manager, ... ) they will require a JSM Agent license.

There is a grey area of "collaborators", those are Core/Software users (so licenced) that can do limited things on a JSM ticket (like adding a comment or attachment) but will work in a JIRA Core or JIRA Software project. (often developers that need to chime in on an incident)

Confluence is completely separate but here as well you have some exceptions when it comes to JSM.

You can have a Knowledge base that is linked to a JSM project, this does not require a Confluence user for the customer. (they only read the articles). 

If you however wish to author an article or limit the visibility then those need a confluence license. 

Your confluence license/tier does not need to match your JIRA/JSM tier

And then there is Atlassian Access, that's a whole different beast which I'm not 100% familiar with myself so I'll have to leave that to someone else :)

I like the beast comparison :D 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders