Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Legacy automation - send email doesn't work

Hello,

I have a simple automation configured in my project:

When issue is created - send email.

I can see in audit logs that automation was executed and email was sent, but i haven't received it. I also receive test emails from this rule successfully.

The reason why I'm using legacy automation is because when click "send test email", I receive it from my domain support@_my_domain_ while normal(new) automation sends notifications from no_reply@automation.atlassian.com which is not acceptable for our client.

Please help. Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Denys Parkhomenko,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

On legacy automation, the rules run on behalf of a project administrator and by default on Jira Cloud, users don’t receive notifications about their own changes.

With this said, if you are the default user set to run the automation and your personal settings are set for you to not receive notifications of the changes you make on tickets, then it’s expected that you won’t receive the email from the automation, because it’s the same as you are doing an action in Jira.

Please, go to your Profile picture > Personal settings and click on “You make changes to the issue” > Save changes.

You can also set another user on the automation, but it must be a licensed user and be part of the role Administrators on the project.

There is a general setting and another one directly on each rule:

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 09.56.00.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 09.56.46.png

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Hello @Angélica Luz !

Thank you very much for help, now it works!

Could you please advise again, now I'm trying to config the rule so customer will receive email notification as well, so I've added "Customers involved" to the "TO" field, and when I'm creating the ticket, I add the Customer's organosation to the "Organisations" field, but I don't receive notification. I only receive notification as a reporter. 

Could you please help again, what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Hi @Denys Parkhomenko,

I’m glad it worked!

Regarding the Organization, I tested the automation here and it worked, but it’s necessary to create a ticket using the Request type and not the Issue type.

When creating a ticket via Jira, it’s possible to select an Issue type or Request type, but for customers to receive notifications, it’s necessary to select the Request type that is what triggers the customer notifications.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 09.38.38.png 

Also, as you are testing, it would be important to add another account in the organization and not use your own account. So, if possible, use your personal account or create a test email using Gmail, yahoo, outlook, for example, and add this account to the organization. After that, create a new ticket selecting the Request type and adding the Organization. 

Good day, @Angélica Luz !

Thanks for very much help again, it also works but information from the ticket is not visible in the email - there is a link to description which client has to open, but we need the client's system to parse emails..

One more question please: I see in Notification scheme that there should be notifications when Issue is created and other events:

Screenshot_2.png

My client's email, which should receive notifications, is added as a Service desk customer role, and he doesn't receive notofications. Could you please advise, how can I configure notifications so he coould receive emails? Currently I receive notifications as a reporter only.

Thanks

Hi Denys,

When a ticket is shared with the organization, the members of the organization will receive only one email, and then to receive future updates they need to access the portal and turn on the notifications.

It’s possible to add more content to the notification by going to Project settings > Customer notifications. Click on Edit on the desired notification and then you can add a customized text and also add some variables.

Regarding the notification scheme, this is only for internal licensed users, they are system notifications.

For people to receive system notifications they need to be licensed users and added to the role Service Desk Team or Administrators.

Also, you can edit the notification scheme and add a single user or a group to receive notifications. On Project settings > Notifications, click on Actions > Edit notifications > Add and select one of the options and then, click on Add.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

609 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you