Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Legacy automation is being superseded by Automation in Jira Service Management

Edited

Hi everyone!

In a phased rollout starting on August 30, 2021, we will turn off Legacy automation for all new Jira Service Management sites. This change is part of our Automation Unification effort to concentrate development efforts and give JSM users a single, powerful automation platform.

If you’re currently using Legacy automation, you will not lose access to your rules and you can continue using and editing them as usual. For Jira Service Management sites created after August 30, 2021 you will see one Automation choice in your project settings.

What’s the timeline for Automation Unification?

This announcement is about the first step in delivering a unified Automation experience. For more information on the timeline and what changes you can expect at each step, please visit the What Is Legacy Automation page to learn more.

Getting started with Jira Automation

We encourage you to start using the Jira Automation for all new rules you create. If you’re not sure where to start, please have a look at our handy getting started guide for Automation.

We want to hear from you

If you have questions, please comment on this article. We’ll post our answers here and chances are your question will help others, too.

Thanks,
Makarand Gomashe
Product Manager, JSM

2 comments

@Makarand Gomashe any update on when all functionalities currently supported by the legacy automation, will be supported by the new automation?

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 12, 2021

Yep this is critical in my opinion.

Like Alex Koxaras likes this

Hi @Alex Koxaras,

We will continue to add functionalities into Automation including the ones supported by Legacy Automation. The updates on which will be regularly communicated.

Also, for any required functionalities, we encourage communicating to our support or upvoting existing tickets, for us to understand concerns and prioritise our efforts suitably. 

Like Alex Koxaras likes this
Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 12, 2021

In earlier communications I was left with the impression that Atlassian would be converting any Legacy rules to the new automation. Is this indeed the case or is it left up to the individual admin's two establish replacement rules?

Like # people like this

I was left with that impression as well, or to say the least, that the new automation would eventually include all "old legacy" features, which would let admins create their new automations, based on the legacy ones.

That's not an impression at all.  That was stated in an email sent to us a while back.  I've just spent the last 30 minutes digging through old emails, and I haven't found it yet...  I'll keep digging.  

PS: I'm in a bit of panic.  I have 0 bandwidth to comb through our legacy automations over the next 8 business days. And I know for a fact there are a couple of important ones that I haven't touched since I was certain those would be ported over. 

Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 18, 2021

@Rosa M Fossi , The post above does not convey that your legacy automation will stop working at the end of this month. What it says is that for any new instance of Jeera being created beginning September 1 will not have the legacy automation option.

here is the text to focus on…

If you’re currently using Legacy automation, you will not lose access to your rules and you can continue using and editing them as usual.

@Jack Brickey  Thank you. I actually went back and re-read everything carefully before going to bed last night and realized my brain had latched on to certain words only and I panicked for nothing. LOL 

Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 18, 2021

i do that all the time! cheeky

Like Rosa M Fossi likes this

Thank you @Jack Brickey for highlighting the important part.

Yes, we would not be changing anything in Legacy Automation for our existing users in this rollout plan. Though we encourage creating all new rules in Automation. 

We will continue to add new features to Automation (including the ones in Legacy Automation), and we will keep everyone updated on the changes.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Submit your Jira Service Management use case and win!

Hi everyone - in case you haven’t heard, we’re hosting the show of the century on November 10th: High Velocity: ITSM World Tour.     This virtual, concert-themed experience...

296 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you