Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge base Category is empty even when articles assigned

Jordan Kasper November 25, 2020

I am starting to use the Knowledge Base feature of Jira Service Desk and I'm running into a problem with the "Categories". I have created a couple and I added one page to the first category, and a few pages to the second category. When I look at the category edit page (where you can change the name and add articles), no articles appear. However, when I look at the "All articles" page I see the categories in the table.

The customer portal does NOT show the articles, so obviously there is some disconnect somewhere. My regular Service Desk users CAN see the articles in the portal when they search, but the categories show no articles when clicked in the portal. (In other words, it doesn't appear to be a permissions issue.)

I have tried deleting the categories, adding new categories, nothing seems to change.

--------------

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 10.25.30 AM.png

----------------

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 10.25.48 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @Jordan Kasper 

Welcome to the Community!

Are the articles restricted in any way in Confluence?

Jordan Kasper December 14, 2020

So... I'm not sure what changed, but I finally came back to this and the articles are now in the correct categories.

I just tried to add more articles to the categories and I noticed that after refreshing the page the would appear, then refreshing again they would disappear. It looks as if the Atlassian servers are trying to replicate the category assignment across multiple servers and there is some delay for that to happen.

In any case, I think I can close this as a non-issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events