Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping track of Assets

Alexandre Arsenault May 18, 2022

Hi,

How to you guys keep track of it on Jira ?

Do you use an add-on app ?

If so, which one could link assets to Users or Clients and Locations ?

We tried Assets Management for Jira but you could not show the assets of a User without generating a Report. So we have to manually create every Locations. Also create Assets in the App and not directly in the Ticket. 

I'm curious to know what the community uses.

Thanks.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jordi Garcia May 18, 2022

@Alexandre Arsenault Jira Service Management Premium and Enterprise includes "Insight", former Mindville Insight. It's a CMDB database that ties with Jira, product page here.

We currently use it to track computer and software assets against users but you can do pretty much anything you want, is very flexible.

It takes a bit to get it set up compared to a regular asset manager, but in return, is much more customizable. A good starting guide can be found here.

Alexandre Arsenault May 19, 2022

Thanks for this awesome response ! I don't know if I have JSM Premier or Enterprise. I have upgrade to tier 2 so up to 50 users for Confluence, Service Desk and Software.

Do you know how can I compare the pricing of Premier and Enterprise to what I currently use ?

Because from the pricing chart adding Insight to my bill would be around 8 500 USD annually. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

You may want to take a look at JSM Premium plan, which includes Insight, which is an asset management tool and so much more. We use it not only for asset management, but also as an application db that we use to automate access requests to different applications.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events