cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KB articles in several languages

Monica Dumitriu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 19, 2018

Dear Community,

I'm just starting with creating a KB for our customers. Given our customer distribution I would like to offer the content in English, French and Romanian. How can I configure the KB so that the customer chooses his language and the corresponding content is displayed? I'd hate to present them with a long list of articles in a mix of languages.

Thank you,

ileana

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2018

Hi Ileana,

Currently, the knowledge base cannot be translated based on the customer's profile language or browser language.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6296
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Monica Dumitriu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2018

Hi Angelica, thanks for clarifying. Until this feature gets implemented, are there any suggestions for how to manage a KB in several languages?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

Hi Ileana,

You can create pages on Confluence for each language and translate with Google. I understand that Google doesn't translate everything correctly, but you can add a note on the page for your customers for them to know that it was translated with a tool.

You can make them access directly Confluence and it's not necessary a license. Then it's easier for them to see the articles and choose the correct one. You can follow the steps of the documentation below to let them access Confluence:
- How can I make my users and customers see Confluence pages without a license?

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Like Monica Dumitriu likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events