cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira tickets filtering by date range

Tian Hong Tok November 25, 2021

Anyone having similar issues?

If i want to filter tickets by date range from say 19Nov2021 to 25Nov2021

the result would only show 19nov to 24nov, it would not show results for 25nov.

it seems like the end time for this filter is 00:00 hr instead of 23:59hr on day 25nov

why is this so ?

regards.

Tok

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2021

@Tian Hong Tok Per Atlassian's documentation "Search for issues that were created on, before, or after a particular date (or date range). Note that if a time-component is not specified, midnight will be assumed. Please note that the search results will be relative to your configured time zone (which is by default the Jira server's time zone)."

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-fields/

I would suggest just using the >= and <= operators.

0 votes
Serhii Kibitkin_SAASJet_ November 29, 2021

Hello Tian

I tried the following option using JQL constructor add-on.

function - endofDay (-1d) for test date Nov. 29th 

I use this add-on - Dynamic Filters: JQL Replacer & Gadgets

DF-Smart-Filter.jpg

0 votes
Tian Hong Tok November 25, 2021

There's no field for specifying time. And its a default GUI for Jira.

I guess this is a bug? If its a bug, should it be fix ?

jira gui search bug.JPG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2021

@Tian Hong Tok I believe that the basic selector is already using it.  You can check by going to advance search to confirm.

Tian Hong Tok November 28, 2021

@Brant Schroeder You looking at this attached screenshot, date selected <=25 nov, that means all 25th Nov tickets should appear but it is not. selection 1 - not selecting last day.JPG

Now, adjusted the selected to pick <=26 Nov, then all 25 Nov ticket appears. So it had nothing to do with time selected which is not present in the GUI selector. 

selection 1 - not selecting last day -B.JPG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2021

@Tian Hong Tok looks like you have the solution to get the issues you want in the results.

Tian Hong Tok November 28, 2021

@Brant Schroeder this is a workaround , but its clearly a bug and hope that Atlassian could fix it. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2021

@Tian Hong Tok You can submit a bug or enhancement request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events