Jira service desk multi language portal

Ruban Jayathas October 19, 2017

Hello,

We have users from different countries currently using our product. I want to provide them with a customer portal in their own language.

For example a user from the USA should see the english language portal with English KB's and an english interface while a user from Spain should see the portal in Spanish with spanish KB's.

What is the most efficient way of doing this ? Should each language have its own portal ?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maurice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

Hi Ruban,

In Service Desk Server we don't have the ability to set this.

Your users will set their language preferences in their user profiles, but there is not an ability to set your portal up directly to support this.

This feature is available in our Service Desk Cloud product, and we have an open and active Feature Request to bring this to Service Desk Server.

You can find this feature request here:
JSDSERVER-819 - Multilingual Service Desk

For the Confluence KB side of this, you could create a separate space for each language or use other tools to show/hide information based on language.

Some good resources on handling multiple languages in Confluence:
Managing content in multiple language translations

The alternative, as you've already mentioned, would be to setup a separate Service Desk project for each language. This would allow you to have more control over the language used in each one.

Best regards,
Brian 

1 vote
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2018

Until Atlassian release multilingual Service Desk support for Server, IMO the best way to handle this is the Translation for JSD app. With its help, you can have one Customer Portal in any amount of supported languages and make additional translations for your custom fields, which can be cross-project if you need it :)

0 votes
João Pedro Neves Ramos Ferreira September 10, 2021

Hello,

I use the Jira management tool and I have the portal and group portal and knowledge base in English and I need help how to put in Spanish language.

Can someone help me?

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2017

Hi Ruban,

JIRA Service Desk Cloud already support multiple languages - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/languages-744721667.html

Ruban Jayathas October 19, 2017

Sorry I wasn't explicit. We are running Jira Service Desk Server 3.5

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events