Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira rest API call for issue history

Christian Humer November 6, 2023

Hello

We are trying to get the issue history for all issues doin a rest.api call. But in the documentation there is just the possibility to do a call with a provided ID or key

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-issueidorkey-changelog-get

We have the need to get the history from all issues without providing an ID or Key from the issue

I searched in the KB but I dont found any solution.

Hope someone has an idea

Christian Humer

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marko Blagus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2023

Hello @Christian Humer,

There is not REST API for retrieving issue history for all issues.

You can search issues first by JQL, and than iterate through all those issues and retrieve history for every single one of them.

I know it's not the solution you wanted.

Best regards,

Marko Blagus

Christian Humer November 6, 2023

Thanks for the feedback. But you are right the customer want to have all the result in one try and then in a list. I also raised a ticket to atlassian about this topic

But thank you very much for the feedback

Christian Humer November 7, 2023

As now a long of research i can accept the answer. As soon I get another feedback from atlassian, its like that. If Atlassian will enable the rest functionality neede, I will update here.

Marko Blagus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2023

I hope they will bring that rest endpoint too.

Like takechiekamoto likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events