Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira project automation rules have suddenly stopped executing.

Neil Ingram September 30, 2020

We have a number of automation rules setup on our Jira projects which have all been working fine but have suddenly stopped working from around 14:00 GMT today. Nothing is being added to the audit logs indicating they are not even being executed. Is the service not working? We rely on these rules so need them working again asap. Thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

Hi all

There is currently an issue with Automation that Atlassian are looking into:

https://jira-service-desk.status.atlassian.com/

Regards, Liam

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

Hi @Neil Ingram 

Please consider 'accepting' my answer if it has solved your query :-)

0 votes
Tanmay Sharan September 30, 2020

Same issue here. All my project automation rules have suddenly stopped working, with nothing in the audit logs.

0 votes
Tyler Cox
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 30, 2020

Same issue here, our QA Sub-task creation and parent issue transitions are no longer functional

0 votes
Siri Nama September 30, 2020

We are facing the same issue.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

So are you saying that there are no logs about the rule running or that the logs indicate success? Can you provide more details about these automations maybe take a screenshot of one of your automations?

Siri Nama September 30, 2020

One of the examples:
I have a rule set up to send Teams message when a fix version is released. I released multiple fix versions but the rule never got executed. In fact, I have 4 rules to execute for the same action and none of them were executed. There are no entries or warnings in the audit log. We're on premium account and we have unlimited executions. So it's not that we ran out of number of executions allowed.

Like Neil Ingram likes this

Thanks for the response. This is the rule that has suddenly stopped executing.. It simply updates the summary field when the description contains "ref:". When it stopped executing I created a very simple rule to add a comment when an issue was created and this didn't execute either.

auto1.png

It uses a smart value to populate the summary.

No logs are being written indicating its not being executed. Was working 3hrs ago.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events