Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira dashboard visualization to display the Average Time to First Response

Galiya Muratova November 6, 2023

Seeking help with creating a Jira dashboard visualization to display the Average Time to First Response (AVG TTFR) in two scenarios:

1. For issues without a first response yet, calculate TTFR as (Now - Created time).
  2. For issues with the first response, calculate TTFR as (First response time - Created time).

To calculate the overall Average TTFR for issues created in a given month, use the formula: Average TTFR = (Sum of TTFR for all issues created this month) / (Number of issues created this month).

The default Time to First Response graph in Jira displays statistics only for issues that have received a first response, and it groups them by the time of the first response rather than the time of creation. Looking for a visualization that focuses on issues created within a given period.

Looking to solve the issue without plugins.

1 answer

0 votes
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2023

Hi @Galiya Muratova ,

I'm afraid you won't be able to visualise this with the default tools. You will need to use some third party reporting tool.

Best regards,

Kris

Galiya Muratova November 7, 2023

I'm quite certain that it's possible to create an automation rule for this. While I'm not an expert in this area and don't know how to do it myself, I believe it can be achieved based on what I've observed regarding the capabilities of automation rules.

Galiya Muratova November 7, 2023

If not visualization, I would like to at least create a column called 'TTFR,' calculated based on the explanation provided above

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events