Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira customisation

eric avrillon October 27, 2020

Hello to all !

As a new jira service desk user, i've found it very insteresting with a good gui.

Would it be easy to implement one custom thing :

Our users get monthly (quaterly, anually..) an amount of "hours points". Each time they log a ticket, their points "wallet" are decreased depending the service they got from support.

When opening the ticket, the user must have a field with the remaining points. The field is read only for users.

The point are decreased by the support tech manually.

Is it difficult to implement this scénario on Jira ? (sorry for my english)

best regards

Eric

2 answers

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2020

Hello Eric,

I think this is possible, but only with an add on. I was able to get the following working.

1. Show a custom field on the portal that is empty and the customers cannot fill out.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 9.14.55 AM.png
  2. Once they submit the ticket, the agents can fill out the field, and it will be visible on the portal to the customer.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 9.16.18 AM.png

Is this the sort of behavior you are looking for?

Thanks!

Kian

eric avrillon October 29, 2020

Hello Kian,

thanks for the tip !

i'll try soon and give you my feedback.

best regards

Eric

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2020

Hi Eric, welcome to the Community. So OOTB there really isn't a solution for this. There are a few similar post in the Community discussing this and you may wish to search them out to see if there are any solutions/suggestions that have evolved over time. Here is one to get you started - Working-with-hours-package .

I would also recommend searching the Marketplace for potential options. One idea I will throw out is using something like Elements Connect  or similar addon to connect to an external DB (CRM, etc) where support hours could be maintained. It gets a bit complicated for sure as you would have to read the data in when the ticket is created to assess if there are sufficient hours to work the issue which you wouldn't actually know up front how long it will take to resolve. You would also need to write/update the external DB to decrement the hours as hours are logged in the JSD ticket. 

With that said I certainly see a real need for supporting such a feature internally w/in JSD and hope that it will be considered in the future.

eric avrillon October 29, 2020

Hello !

thanks to all !

As a new jira forum user, i'm very impressed how the community react quickly to a "call" ..!

i'll check the proposed solutions soon, but it'll take some time as i do it on my spare time...

regards

Eric

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events