Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira automation to reopen issue sets assignee to Automation for Jira

Natasha Richardson March 27, 2023

Hi all,

We use the built-in automation rule to transition an issue in JSM to in progress when a user comments on a closed ticket. This works fine however the automation changes the assignee field to Automation for Jira.

Is this expected behavior or is there a way to keep the assignee without needing to include additional logic in the script? For example, will changing the Actor drop-down to User who triggered the event, resolve this problem?

I can of course add logic to the automation but wanted to understand if this is how it works or if I missed something.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2023

Try to see in the "history" of the Ticket... Who changes the assignee field to Automation for Jira.

Thanks, this helped. We have another automation that transitions a ticket to resolved after 3 days of no response from the user. It is during this automation that the assignee is getting changed to Automation for Jira. I suppose from here I should set the Assignee field during that resolve transition to 'Copy from issue'

Screenshot 2023-03-27 122257.png

Like Juan Carlos Vera likes this
1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Natasha Richardson ,

no, this is not, expected behaviour. You should be able to keep the original assignee. The question is, why it is changed. Have you tried to check the worflow transition, whether there are any post-functions?

Thanks. It's being set due to another automation we have that autocloses the ticket.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Is it the automation that is setting the assignee, or do you have a post function on the transition to In Progress that is setting it? Unless you have a component in the automation that sets the assignee my guess is that it is your workflow that is setting it.

Thanks. We have another automation that transitions a ticket to resolve that was the culprit.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events