Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira automation - jira for automation actor

Emmanuel F-D January 16, 2023

Hi,
In one of my automation if i have this transition error:

Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status)

I'm doing the transition from AWAITING approval to APPROVED status but I think is because of the actor : "Automation for Jira", I think this actor doesnt have the Approver role but I but I added it (atlassian-addons-project-access) in the schemes permissions but it doesn't seem to work.

How can I set the transition status has a numeric status ID or how can make sure that the actor Automation for Jira is able to make some transition of workflow in a ticket that need to be approved, because right now he doesnt see to have "the permission to do the transition".

Thanks

image.pngimage.png

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2023

Hi Emmanuel,

Can you share the Conditions and Validators on that transition in the workflow? You probably need to add a Condition that allows the atlassian-addons-project-access project role to execute the transition. 

Emmanuel F-D January 17, 2023

@John Funk 

I tried and took some time to but I wasn't able to find it or add the condition for it, I even went into the global schemes permissions of Jira and added the atlassian-addons-project-acces role it into my project but that didn't seem to work either.
Righ now I only have 2 role that can approve (admin and approver role) so if there is a way to add atlassian-addons-project-acces role as approver I'd like to know.

where I need to enter the condition?

chrome_YxEuijthfW.pngchrome_c9mmiDFEGM.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

I assume from your screenshot that you are using a Team-managed project. There's not much flexibility with those right now to manipulate permissions, etc. I would suggest you change the Actor for the rule so that it is not Automation for Jira who is executing it. 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2023

Hello @Emmanuel F-D 

Can you show us the Approver step setup on the APPROVED status?

When the Approver step is added you have to select a Source for the list of approvers. This will be either a field in the issue that lists 1..n users, or it will be a user group. The Automation for Jira users has to be added to the appropriate source for the issue.

Emmanuel F-D January 17, 2023

@Trudy Claspill how the setup is done now is that it is managed by roles and not a list of users.( see screenshoot)

but I was not able to find the place to add the Automation for Jira users to be able to approve the transition.

can you show the place that I can add the Automation for Jira users ?

chrome_c9mmiDFEGM.pngchrome_YxEuijthfW.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events