cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira automation. Move story when all bugs are in progress

Łukasz Szywała November 4, 2021

I'm having trouble creating an automatic rule

CASE:

I have story which is related with 2 tasks and the same story is related with 2 bugs.

Tasks - are in "DONE" status

Bugs - are in "IN PROGRESS" status

Story - is in "IN PROGRESS" status.

I want to move story to status from status "IN PROGRESS" to "CODE REVIEW" when all bugs from this story( in this case 2 bugs) are moved from "IN PROGRESS" status to "CODE REVIEW" status.

1 answer

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

@Łukasz Szywała 

Welcome to the community.  You will need to modify the existing WF(s) by adding in post-functions to accomplish the auto status update for the story issues.

We have been using this add-on "JMWE" for a while now and it is a great add-on for any Jira/JSM environments - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions-jmwe?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Another add-on will be Automation for Jira by Atlassian.  It is available (bundled with CLOUD" -

In Jira Cloud, automation functionality is included out-of-the-box. However, there are limits to how many times rules can be executed per month, depending on which plan you’re on:

• Free plan: There is a limit of 100 executions for all global and multi-project rules.

• Standard plan: There is a limit of 500 executions for all global and multi-project rules.

• Premium plan: There is a limit of 1,000 executions per user per month, pooled across all users and products. For example, if you have 200 users in your Jira Cloud Premium license, then you’ll have a limit of 200,000 global/multi-project rule executions per month.

The above add-ons can accomplish your ask with little or minimum coding required.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS