Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira Team options

Edited

Hi, 

I was wondering if I could use the team option in Jira in the following way, when a customer creates a ticket, that I can assign it to the whole IT team and they can all be notified and not just one person.

is it possible to put a team as a "person" in assignee field instead of just one employee.

is it better to use the "group function"

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Apr 28, 2022

Hi Emmanuel,

Unfortunately no that is not possible. There are other discussions around assigning a team or group to an issue. Fundamentally Dere is designed to have a single user as the assignee. This is largely for accountability purposes knowing who's got the ball is in one moment. There are discussions about how other people have overcome this such as creating a custom field and putting in a group.

@Jack Brickey 
Thanks for the answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

218 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you