Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Software Integration with Service Desk in the Cloud

Mohamed Elcott December 31, 2020

Hello,

We currently use Jira Software server (on prem) and thinking of also adopting Service Desk for ITSM. I'd like to use the service desk in the cloud as opposed to hosting it on prem. 

I know its possible for both Software and Service Desk to work together if they are on-prem. 

My question is, can my Software, self-hosted instance, talk to my cloud Service Desk instance seamlessly just as they would if they were both hosted on-prem?

Thanks,

Mohamed

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

No, they're separate systems.  You can use application links to do some stuff, but you won't get the same functionality you would get from them being a single system.

so deploy ServiceDesk on prem along with our Software instance to get all the functionality? Then migrate both to the cloud at a later date? Would that be the recommendation?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

Yes, that would be the best route.

You will also find that it's a lot easier to migrate to Cloud later when you're ready, as you can do it all in one go.  If you had split instances, you wouldn't be migrating to the Cloud, you'd be having to do the most complex of merges up to the Cloud!

Like Mohamed Elcott likes this

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders