Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Smart Value - get rid of asset key

Maggie Rivard November 22, 2022

I am using the assets section of JSM and a custom field (assets object) named Hardware Affected and Software Affected to reference those assets in our issues.

I am using the automation tool in JSM to edit the summary field for all issue types:

{
"fields": {
"summary": "{{issue.location}} - {{issue.Request Type.requestType.name}} : {{issue.Software Impacted}}, {{issue.Hardware Impacted}}"
}
}
}

This is the output:

Hill - Request New Feature : Angel (MHL-67), ACAS (MHL-86), NAS (MHL-45)

I want to get rid of the asset key (MHL-XX)

I am wondering what I need to change to get the output to this:

Hill - Request New Feature : Angel, ACAS, NAS

image.png

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

Hi Maggie,

I'm going to hazard a guess here because I need to see how the objects that you have for Software Impacted and Hardware Impacted fields are set up, but I think you man need to just append the .name or the attribute that references the name?

So your line would look like

"summary": "{(issue location]} - {{issue.Request Type.requestType .name}] : {issue.Software
Impacted.name}}, {issue.Hardware Impacted.name))"
Maggie Rivard November 23, 2022

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ 

I attempted to put .name at the end of those two with no success. I attached some more info, hopefully this helps.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2022

Hi @Maggie Rivard 

See if capitalizing the N in Name works.  That should conform to the way it's specified in this instruction: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-insight/

Maggie Rivard November 28, 2022
Sam Huawey October 5, 2023

Same here - with .Name nothing is shown, without name it shows <Name> (<key>). Looks like a bug in documentation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events