Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira ServiceDesk Daily report

richard.githinji July 16, 2021

Hi,

I'm new here, I would like to create a daily jira reports on service desk load and performance and send to management via emails.

Kindly help

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

Hi @richard.githinji

when you say the "resolved tools is broken" - and assuming you mean there are no values displayed. Are you sure there is a resolution set on those issues?

Please refer to the documentation in case this is unsure in your instance:

Othen than that in case you are not finished with this idea - could you please probably share:

• your current JQL query (that drives all the filters, dashboards, visualization)?
  • what you have so far (did you go the route with a dashboard gadget or a filter subscription like Jack said)?

Regards,
Daniel

richard.githinji August 3, 2021

@Daniel Ebers  see JQL 

project = CGSD AND issuetype in standardIssueTypes() AND status in (Closed, Completed, Done, Resolved)

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2021

The relevant criteria, I agree to Jack, is the resolution - probably it is not set in your issues.
Please check if the resolution will be set correctly for the green line of resolved issues to behave correctly.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

you could create a filter and subscription. This article might help you - save-your-search-as-a-filter 

or...

create a dashboard - create-and-edit-dashboards 

richard.githinji July 16, 2021

@Jack Brickey I don't understand how the above comment is related to the question.

What I want is to have a report that shows the amount of completed/resolved tickets during the previous day.  Is this possible?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

Well for example if you create a dashboard and use the created versus resolved gadget it gives you a working view of how the team is performing. You could also create a filter that shows the issues created yesterday and the issues resolved yesterday. But maybe I'm missing your point?

richard.githinji July 18, 2021

Hello, @Jack Brickey

I tried the dashboard and was able to setup the created vs resolved gadget but unfortunately it wasn't of much help as the resolved tools is broken. It reads zero on every setup.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2021

If it displays zero then the filter you are using is the reason. Ensure your filter is accurately capturing the issues you want.

richard.githinji August 2, 2021

@Jack Brickey 

Please find the below screenshot. There is not much of filter control I have. It is an automated filter. 

Any other recommendations.

Config 👇🏽

image_2021-08-02_113241.png

Results👇🏽

image_2021-08-02_113306.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2021

In your first screen shot the first entry is where you can enter the desired filter. It appears the current filter is using the project. You could create a filter under the advanced search, save it and the associate within your gadget. Now regarding you green line showing zero, I suspect you ar3 not setting the Resolution field when moving issues to your done status(es).

8A998AA5-4FC9-44A6-9B80-B1E0C7A3C6ED.jpeg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events