Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service management will not open

Kevin Kruger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2021

I just signed up and started using Jira recently.  I am logged in and in the "Jira Software",  and trying to discover other applications, mainly Jira Service Management using the waffle in the upper left corner. If I select that application and opt to try it, I am taken back to my Jira software section to view my work and I can not get any other action from the Jira service management.  Does anyone know how I can get into that application?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

@Kevin Kruger -

Jira Software and Jira Service Management are two different apps/envs.  Did you signed up for Jira Service Management (JSM) account?  If not, then it will not work.

Hope this helps

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Kevin Kruger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2021

Thank you for the input, while I am trying to sign up for the service management app the final "Agree" or "Try it out" options I can find is when the event of returning me to the dashboard happens.  Unless one email can only sign up for one of the Jira applications at a time, I assume that is not the case.

If I try to sign out and use the same email while trying to sign up I get the user-created error.  So I can not figure out how to sign up or get the app available in the options or waffle menu. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thank you,

Kevin

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

@Kevin Kruger 

I will contact Atlassian support (https://support.atlassian.com/contact/) directly for more information and provide them with your findings.  Your email should be your account where you can sign up for both applications. 

If my answer helped you, then please accept my answer.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events