Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management setup on SQL fails

Eliane Champagne July 23, 2021

Hello,

I am trying to complete our Jira Service Management setup for our DEV environment. We already have a working production infrastructure, but we are not able to setup our new dev server. We were already able to set Jira Software and Confluence using the exact same MS SQL server, but Jira Service Management setup process cannot go pass SQL setup. I always get this error in the log file.

“com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot open database "UAT-JiraSD" requested by the login. The login failed. ClientConnectionId:841480d0-0963-454b-ac8f-349dd4a53853”

I’ve tried many different settings in the dbconfig.xml file, but none have worked so far. SQL Server is a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Developer (64-bit).

Can you help us find a possible cause for this impossibility to connect our DEV?

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

What, exactly, are you entering for the parameters for the connection?

Please, of course, obscure the host name (or ip), username and password - they're not going to be the problem (unless the cat wandered across your keyboard while you weren't looking), it's the rest of the connection stuff we need to look at.

Eliane Champagne July 26, 2021

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Here is a screen capture of the error and some parameters of the SQL server setup menu. Thanks!

2021-07-26 Jira Servive Management error.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Ok, that's pretty clear.   Either that database does not exist, the username/password are incorrect, or that user does not have access to that particular database.

Can you connect to it with a database command line or maintenance tool?

Hello Nic,

Thanks for your input.

I am able to log onto the SQL server using SSMS and username and password. From there, I am also able to create a table and enter data. See enclosed screen capture down below. That specific table was created using the same user as I use in Jira Service Management configuration page.

2021-07-26 Jira Service Management error 1.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events