Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management does not allow a full representation of an issue (images & text)

Shannon Tanner June 14, 2022

I'm wondering if there are any plans to allow an accurate representation of an issue which would allow a user to chronologically report an issue using text and images.  When viewing issues in the portal or in jsm natively, the images are pasted as attachments and not in the actual comments which make it difficult to accurately represent the issue and also review the issue being reported when the issue is received.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2022

Hi Shannon,

I am not sure I understand your concern here.  From the view of the customer portal it certainly is limited in what the customer can see.  For example, customers can only see attachments shared with them by the agents, or by other users in the portal.  But an agent can attach files that are not seen by customers on that issue.

But even in my own example site, I find that attachments can be included inline and within the portal with date/time visible, like so:

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 2.52.25 PM.png

So I fear I am missing some key aspect of your concern here.  Could you please let me know more information about what you mean here?  Perhaps a screenshot of what you see might help me to better understand here.

Thanks

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events