Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira Service Management - Active Directory Sync for End Users

Hello, 

We have a few IT "AGENTS" to handle our colleagues' support cases. How could we sync our colleagues using Active Directory? 

i.e. colleagues = end users / customers

Thank you.

1 answer

Hello @Jira Customer

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand that the portal customers in your JSM site also have accounts on your Active directory, so you would like to sync them from the AD directly. Is that correct?

If I properly understood your request, you might have different answers depending on two possible scenarios:

1 - If all your customers/colleagues use a common domain that is owned by you

In that case, you should be able to achieve this functionality by using Atlassian Access. This implementation will not have any extra costs, as Atlassian Access billing does not consider Atlassian accounts that are not added with internal site access (Agent).

You can check more details in the documentation below:

Understand Atlassian Access 

P.S: To achieve this goal, you must convert all your customer accounts into Atlassian Accounts, but without any application access. This will ensure the SSO is implemented and your customers/colleagues will be able to log in to Jira with portal-only access.

2 - If your customers/colleagues use different domains that are not owned by you

In that case, I'm afraid it's not possible to sync JSM customers with multiple domains directly from an Active directory. We understand how useful this option would be in some scenarios, so we created the following feature request to consider this functionality in the future:

Active Directory integration for customers 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events