Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Customer Account Creation

Tabatha Spake October 12, 2021

When a customer creates a new account, how can I apply a default security group?

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

Hi @Tabatha Spake ,

What kind of security group you are referring to? Customers, in the broad sense, are people outside of your jira instance, belonging to an organization you create. Of course, there is an option for customers to be all the users within your instance. The latter case is the case where you can apply new users to belong to a certain group. However, in the former case, you can't do that.

Tabatha Spake October 12, 2021

We want all users of our Project SErvice Portal to automatically be placed int he Service Desk Customer Role when they create their account.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

So you are talking about users within your instance who hold a valid license, correct?

Tabatha Spake October 13, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  - So I don't know if my description is making sense. What happens when a brand new user (no account previously setup at all which means no license) goes to our Service Desk portal and follows the "Create Account" prompts. They receive an email which sends them a link to add their name and a password. When they add their name and password, currently it dumps them back into the Service Desk portal but with 0 access because their account has been given any role. Our Admin, me, then has to go and add their email to the "People" section and grant them a role before they can successfully use the Service Desk portal to create a ticket. What we need is for that role to be granted automatically versus me having to go in and manually do it. All of these "users" will be given the same role so isnt' there some way to make this the default?

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  I would be happy to do a screenshare to have you look at our setup if that is possible. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

Here are 4 screenshots.

Screen1-A user from our client goes to the service desk URL and creates an account. 

Screen2-The email the user receives.

Screen3- This is the setting up the user account by the user after clicking link from screen2.

Screen4 - this is the page that they land on after setting up their account. 

This screen4 is where we would like them to be granted automatice Service Desk Customer Role upon completion of their accoun setup. Should bring them to Screen 5 instead. 

Screen1.JPGScreen2.JPGScreen3.JPGScreen4.JPGScreen5.JPG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events