Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk - Create a staging environment

Alexandros Hatziandreou December 8, 2020

Hello,

I have a production environment in Jira Service Desk and I want to create a staging environment that is a copy/clone of the production one.

Could you please help me?

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

Alexandros,

You can follow the steps here to migrate a copy of the application to a new server.  You will want to copy the DB as well.  I would make sure that there are firewall rules in place preventing the Application Server from reaching the PROD DB. Make sure you change the DB connection string and other configuration to the new environment before starting. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-938846962.html#:~:text=To%20migrate%20Jira%20to%20a,directory%20and%20all%20existing%20customizations.

Once you get the new instance up you will want to De-Prod it.  This includes turning off emails or updating them (We block email on the firewall as well), updating your license to a development license, and placing a header on the application letting users know they are not in PROD.  You can use an app like Configuration Manager to keep them in sync.

Alexandros Hatziandreou December 9, 2020

Brant,

Thank you for your response.

I will follow the above steps and will come back in case of new questions coming up.

Alexandros

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events