Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Cloud: Best way for a Support Chat

a.bardini September 4, 2020

Hi All,

I'm using Jira Service Desk Cloud and i need to integrate a Live Chat in order to fast communicate with our customers.

In which way i can manage that thing?
Could you please suggest me the best way/AddOn?

Thanks in advance

3 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kit Tin Mak {Appfire} October 22, 2020

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick info that Chat for Jira Service Desk is now available on Cloud. More details here.

Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. Our Support Team is ready to answer them all.

FYI, it also provides the desktop notification feature that agents will get notified whenever customers have sent a message.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2020

@a.bardini There are several instant chat marketplace apps for Server and Data Centre apps, but if you're looking for cloud apps here's a suggestion: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222490/chat-for-jira-service-desk-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

There's no way of enabling instant chat without an add-on. Depending on how the project's notification scheme has been set up, customers can receive an email each time a comment is added on a ticket they're watching, so that could be an alternative work around if you didn't want to use a paid add-on

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Smith September 22, 2020

I too am looking for an app.  Have started trialling the suggested chat above.  Downside is that there is no notification of an incoming chat - as an agent you need to be on the Chat Apps page to see new chats. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events