Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Automation rules are not working

Prasad Andrews September 18, 2019

hi everyone,

I am facing the issue. We are using JIRA Service Desk automation. But the rule is not executed under the project.

Please let me know how to fix this.

I have checked the permissions it's not related to permission issue.

Need Clarity Automation Rule Not Executed.JPGNeed Clarity Automation Rule.JPGAutomation Error.JPGOnHold Automation Rule.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

can you click on the "show details" for the not executed and error automation attempts. Generally the details point to where the issue is. feel free to share so that we might assist further.

@Jack Brickey - Thanks for your response, we are using JSD v3.12.2

As requested, below are the show details for Not Executed and Error attempts.Capture123.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

my guess is that you do not have a transition from the current status to the "Start Progress" status. Make sure you workflow has the necessary transitions to support the automation.

My Workflow have a transition from the current status to start progress status.

WF.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2019

next check for any required actions in the transition. You can analyze the properties (condition, validator) or a quick way is to take one of the issues that is failing the automation and manually try to execute the action and observe the results.

Prasad Andrews September 20, 2019

We have not put any validations or conditions to the workflow.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2019

One final thought, be sure the user defined under the “run rule as” has permissions to invoke the transition.

Beyond that, without actually looking at your instance I’m limited on ideas. The one thing I would suggest, as I did above, is to take an example issue that you are sure is failing the transition action and attempt to manually execute the transition being absolutely sure you are doing so following the automation rules. Look for anything obvious that you might be doing that is different.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events