Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira SLA

Victor Joachim November 22, 2022

Hello Everyone, 

I am trying to setup an SLA which compares 2 date fields: planned completion date and actual completion date for a particular issue type. 

Kindly confirm if this can be done without any addons?

Regards,

Victor

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2022

Hello @Victor Joachim

You can create additional SLAs but they can only track a Time Goal in a time format (E.g. 4h 30m) so comparing this with a field would not be possible.

Can you elaborate on the expected behaviour of the "planned completion date " and "actual completion date" SLAs? Based on your request I might be able to propose an automation that could inform you if the SLA has been met or not.

Victor Joachim November 27, 2022

Hello @Patrik Korovsky 

I have created 3 custom fields:

(1) Planned Completion Date (2) Actual Completion Date (3) SLA Met.

Below is the behavior/logic I am trying to implement: 

If Planned completion date <= Actual completion date; then update "SLA Met" custom field to "YES" otherwise update to "NO"

Let me know if this is achievable with automation rules.

Thank you

Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2022

Hello @Victor Joachim

This is how I would go about setting this up:

1. We will check if the date fields are met when the ticket is completed. For this, we will set up an automation that is run, when a ticket is closed.
    5.png
  2. We will update the "actual completion date" (Effective Date in my case) with a smart value of {{now}}. We do this so that we can then compare this with the "Planned Completion Date"

6.png
  3. Create two "if blocks" where you set up one to check that the "Planned Completion Date" (Effective Date in my example) is before the "Actual Completion Date" (Due Date in my example) and one to check if the "Planned Completion Date" is after the "Actual Completion Date"
    7.png
  4. Under each "if block" add an edit that changes the "SLA Met" (Description test in my example) depending on the condition
    8.png

Let me know if this works for you or if you need any help.

Since there is no "<=" you can set up the check to be as follows:

9.png

Like Victor Joachim likes this
Victor Joachim December 4, 2022

Hi @Patrik Korovsky  Thanks for the solution. This works.

I had this running for a couple of days and the only additional feedback and experience from the solution is that: 

- There is a likelihood that the "Planned Completion Date" custom field might not be updated throughout the ticket status cycle. Once, the ticket is closed, the automation returns and error because the "Actual Completion Date" is being compared with an empty field. 

Do you think there is a way around this situation to prompt the ticket handlers to update?

Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2022

Hi @Victor Joachim
Good to hear it is working for you.

If you want the field to be "mandatory" you can add a validation in the Workflow.

• Go to project settings -> Workflows
  • Edit the Workflows that you would like to have the validation
    1. Select a transition you would like to check if the field is updated
      Validation.png
    2. Add a check for "Field required for this transition" (You can also choose a message to display)
      validators.png
      message.png

Note that this verification will need to be placed in the workflow so that the operator cannot simply close the ticket.

Example:

1. You add this for Open -> Analysis
  2. The operator uses the Open -> Done ( Done has the "Allow all statuses to transition to this one" in this example)
Like Victor Joachim likes this
Victor Joachim December 5, 2022

Gracias! Patrik...Solution works brilliantly.. :-) 

I have tested this. Also wanted to check if you know any control that can prevent users from moving the "Planned Completion Date" 

Any awesome ideas? :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events