Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Reporting - all issues created by company email addresses ending with abc.com.au

Dean B July 5, 2024

I'm using abc.com.au as an example to share details about what I'm trying to do.

Hi there,

We have a client (abc.com.au) who has several employees who raise issues in our Jira Portal. We're trying to run a report that shows the total number of issues raised in the last FY by the company (not a single employee but multiple employees). 

I have tried various filters but none of them are giving me accurate information. Has anyone got an idea or has something similar?

Kind regards,

Dean

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2024

Hello @Dean B 

Do you group your JSM customers into Organizations and set the Organization of each ticket? If so you could base your search on the Organization field.

Otherwise you would need to implement an Automation Rule to parse the domain portion of the reporter's username/email address and store that in a separate custom field in the issue. Then you would search based on that field.

Dean B July 7, 2024

Hi @Trudy Claspill , 

Thanks for the prompt reply. Currently, we don't group JSM customers into Organisation but your suggestion makes sense for the reporting purpose.

Is there a way I can do a bulk update on JSM customers with abc.com.au domain email and add them to an organisation in one go?

Also note, the Organisation needs to be setup at a Global level not at each project level as the JSM customers submit issues for multiple projects.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2024

There is not, apparently, a method in the UI to bulk add pre-existing customers to Organizations in JSM, as per

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9265

It mentions a couple of work arounds.

It also references this article:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Managing-customers-and-organizations-on-Jira-Service-Management/ba-p/2677857#M4206

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events