Jira OpenAPI json in Watson Assistant (new experience) Extension

SS H June 6, 2022
Hello team, I’m not sure if this is the correct place to ask, if not can you please direct me to what is or where I could find some help?
About my question:
  • I’m working on a Watson Assistant (new experience) that uses an extension to connect to Jira using Jira’s Open API json doc.
  • I cleaned up the Open API to just have the Create issue (perhaps there is a better one you can provide that you know definitely works).
  • It seems I’m able to connect, but I keep getting an error:
{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"project":"project is required"}}
I know I have all the correct fields because I can directly request from Postman and get the response I expect. 
What do you think could be the problem? 
Please let me know what further info I can provide you with so you can help?
Thank you, 
San

1 answer

0 votes
Neil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2022

Hi @SS H since you're able to make the call in Postman but not by using this other client/extension, my advice is to see if you can get the full request URI and POST body from the client (perhaps a debugging/logging feature).

If that is not possible, then perhaps consider using a debugging to inspect the API request. And, since you're already using Postman, look into the Postman Proxy

Also, in the future, if you want to get your questions in front of other developers in the ecosystem, head over to the Developer Community forums at https://community.developer.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events