Jira Note internal commecnts / external

Khaled Arafat October 26, 2021

I want to retrive all issue from the spesfic date until today , this is what I could able to do 

with JQL Resolved >= 2021-05-01 AND resolved <= now().

My question is how can I retrive all issues with internal  note 2021-10-26 16_21_21-Window.png

We are using this internal note to describe the soulation .

Does any one know how to retrive issues with internal note 

Regards 

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Zsuzsa Galicza _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 28, 2021

Hi @Khaled Arafat

One option you can try is Better Excel Exporter, which can export your JSM comments  (internal/external) along with other Jira issue data to Excel spreadsheets.

The cloud version of Better Excel Exporter has just been announced. Until the Marketplace listing comes online, you can find the installation instructions on our Slack or we can send it over. Drop a line to Levente if you want to try the app: levente.szabo@midori-global.com

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is currently free but will be a paid app once the Marketplace listing is in place and I'm part of the team developing the app.)

Regards

Khaled Arafat October 28, 2021

Hi @Zsuzsa Galicza _Midori_ 

Thanks for your answer , souns great if there is an soulation . How can I download (Better Excel Exporter)

Do you know if i start using (Better Excel Exporter) now shall I pay later when Marketplace listing paid version .

How much dose it cost ?

Regards 

Like Marjorie likes this
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 28, 2021

@Khaled Arafat 

You are welcome to join our Slack where you can find installation instructions in the #better-excel-exporter-for-jira-cloud channel.

Alternatively, send me an email, so I can reply with the instructions: levente.szabo@midori-global.com

Better Excel Exporter is very close to appearing on the Marketplace. When it happens, prices will be equal to Better PDF Exporter until further notice. Until that happens, the app is free for everyone! Looking forward to having you in our Slack or to your email!

Like Marjorie likes this

@Levente Szabo _Midori_ 

Thank you for quick reply , I have sent you an email I can't create slack account .

Please send instructions by email .

2021-10-28 10_17_06-Window.png

Regards

Like Marjorie likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2021

@Khaled Arafat -

Are you referring to "internal comments"?  If so, currently it is not possible via JQL to obtain your results set.  I know that on the On-prems env, there is an existing feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4286.  However, I don't see one for the CLOUD env and don't believe there is one.

I would recommend that you follow-up with Atlassian Support Team for this ask.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Khaled Arafat October 27, 2021

@Joseph Chung Yin 

I'm referring to "internal comments" I want to export all issue last 6 months  with solution and some additional requirements . Thank you so much .

Regards

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2021

@Khaled Arafat -

Unfortunately, I don't see a way for users to pull issues (via JQL) based on comment types in JSM currently offered by Atlassian.

Best, Joseph

@Joseph Chung Yin 

If there is another way except JQL I can try that as well .

Regards 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021

@Khaled Arafat -

Your other choice may be using REST APIs to pull the data.  However, I have not done anything dealing with internal/public comments.

Giving what is provided by Atlassian, currently it is not possible with JQL.  It seems that you will need a paid third party add-ons to generate your data set. (as seen above from Midori vendor).

Best, Joseph

Khaled Arafat October 29, 2021

@Joseph Chung Yin  

I could manage it by 3 party Add-ons I start using Better Excel Exporter it's free version due still not listing on Markt Place .

2021-10-29 09_00_47-Window.png

However it worked perfect for me !

I could able to find all issue with 6 moths period with internal and external commecnts.

Thank you all  @Joseph Chung Yin @Levente Szabo _Midori_ @Zsuzsa Galicza _Midori_ 

Cheers !

Like # people like this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2021

Great.  Please click on Accept Answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events