Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira/Jira Service Management Outlook Plugin for ALL my issues

kirchts March 12, 2022

Hey folks,  I have done some searching and am up to date with what I believe are the current offerings with respect to Outlook plugins. I have installed 2 of them, but there is a HUGE gap for me.  I want to see all of my current issues regardless of what email is being displayed.  In other words, I want to interact with my current queue. Right now I can click on an email, click on details in the right pane, and do lots of stuff with that issue. I want that same ability regardless of the email shown, and want to see all my outstanding issues. Does this exist?  

Thanks,

Rick

2 answers

0 votes
kirchts March 27, 2022

Hello Stephen.  I appreciate the response and the inquiry. 

My suggestion comes from two places.  One, I try to keep my inbox as clean as possible. Half the Jira emails are status changes.  I would have to keep an email from each issue to see it in Outlook. Or as you suggest,  just open a browser and keep Your Work tab on the screen.  Two, If I am looking at the above issues, why not all of them.  Soooo, I can keep an email in my inbox for every issue, and move between them using the current plugin, OR In my desired plugin, I just look over at the desired pane and see the issues at a glance.

The advantages of having all the issues listed come from having limited space on your desktop.  I have a compiler on one screen, and a browser and  Outlook) on my other.  The browser usually has APIs, Docs, and various other developer tabs open.  Of course Jira is one of those, and I can easily switch to it and work with it.  But then, I wouldn’t need any Outlook plugin. 

Another advantage is dealing with emails that are related to an issue.  A quick glance at my issues in a pane and I can POTENTIALLY  work with the related issue right there. Otherwise, I am doing what I always do; switch over to the browser and click on the Jira tab, and Look up my issues and then comment.  Keep in mind I am not talking about Add to Issue.  Most of the time I do not want to add internal emails to an existing external Issue.

FOR ME, and again this is just a suggestion, the plugin would be more useful TO ME if it were more generic.  I am sure the plugin in its current state is useful enough for the folks who use it. The only function I use now is the New Issue, and I will continue to use that.  I just wanted to suggest a little more.

Thanks again,

Rick

0 votes
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2022

Hi @kirchts 

Almost like an iFrame of Jira within Outlook?

Not that I've seen...what's the benefit though, rather than just using your browser?

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events