Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Form data to Google Sheets

Bobby Arvanitakis August 5, 2024

As Jira forms are submitted, I want a copy of the form data sent to Google Sheets. That's it.

Tried the Jira Cloud for Sheets addon in Google Sheets, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to export any form data, not even using customfields (can't even find them using  <sitename>.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/<issueid>?expand=names).

4 answers

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2024

You can either download the form answers manually in xlsx format, or you can use the REST API for forms to get the answers. You can find the documentation for the API here.

0 votes
Josh_Unito
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 6, 2024

You can sync JSM issues to Google Sheets with Unito. So if the form details are in an issue, you can then replicate it as a spreadsheet row with 2-way updates (so any changes on either end appear in the other). Here's a guide on how to sync Jira Service Management + Google Sheets.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2024

The question is about Forms, does Unito sync form answers to Google? If not then Unito is not an option.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2024

@Bobby Arvanitakis -

I agreed with @Mikael Sandberg suggestion.  To supplement their response, please note that FORM's elements (if they are not mapped to actual Jira/JSM issue fields), those elements are exclusively reside in the FORM which are associated with your issues if you setup issue creation using FORMs.

I have to say that my experience of using FORMS REST APIs are not easy and straight forward.

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

0 votes
Samuel Gatica
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2024

Hi @Bobby Arvanitakis 

The easiest way is using the Jira Cloud for Sheets addon in Google Sheets.

1. Create a Filter in your Jira instance with all the fields that you want ti import to Google Sheet.
  2. Connect your Jira instance with Jira Cloud for Sheets
  3. Get issues from Jira selecting thee Import Type "Filter"
    Screenshot_3.png
    Hope this helps!
    Best regards
    Sam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL