Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Email Address Blocking

Nick Stanfill December 21, 2021

We have a default Jira project email address used for sending in emails to create new Jira requests. This default email address works great, but suddenly stopped creating new issues for one sending address in specific. Is there insight into how emailed requests are processed, and possibly which ones don't result in a new request?

How this has worked in the past:

An alert in our cloud app is triggered, which then sends an email to notify@contoso.com, from alert@example.com (Where contoso.com domain is owned and managed by my company, example.com is sending address of the app alert). Notify@contoso.com is actually a Mail Contact in Exchange, so it directs the alert to support@contoso.atlassian.net (default address used in the Jira project in question). In the past this has worked great, until about two weeks ago when we stopped getting those alerts.

What I've tried:

• I can manually email notify@contoso.com and see a new Jira request generate, as expected, indicating the Mail Contact is working
  • If I change our cloud app notification settings to instead alert my personal address, it comes through with no issue, indicating the email service from the app is functional
  • I've pulled Exchange and Barracuda reports showing mail from alert@example.com to notify@contoso.com is processed and sent successfully to our Jira email address
  • I've added example.com to the Allow List in the Jira Project Settings > Email requests
  • Verified no domains are listed in the block list in Jira Project Settings > Email requests

Are there more places to check in Jira/Atlassian settings to ensure this sending address alert@example.com isn't being blocked by something on that side?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events