Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud with Insight App

Wyatt Apple
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2021

I am very new here to Jira, butI am finding it very easy to customize and create a great Help Desk.  I have also added Insight for asset management, and I have run into a slight obstacle I hope someone can help me overcome.  

1.  Is it possible to run a report in Jira to pull all assets assigned to an employee?

The use case is when HR or Manager creates an "exiting Employee" ticket, this report would be generated and then emailed back to the creator (reporter) of the ticket.  That way they can get the asset list that they need to collect from the employee during their exit interview/discussion.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

1 answer

1 vote
Swati Kahol
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2021
Hey Wyatt

This is possible with the new Insight that we released with the JSM premium and Enterprise offerings: Insight for Jira Service Management Pricing & Licensing

You can set up automation rules that will run a LookupObjects action to find all the objects assigned to the user, in this case, I am checking the assets assigned to the user mentioned in the reporter field. And then either add the list of objects as a comment or email them: 

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 7.47.14 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-04-09 at 7.47.35 PM.png

Here is the complete documentation for the new Insight for your reference: Manage your assets and configuration items with Insight 

Please note that if you are using the Insight cloud app, it will go end-of-life for existing users on March 31, 2022.
To learn the difference between the two different Insight versions, refer to the following document:

Hope this helps.

Best regards and stay safe,
Swati Kahol

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders