Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud for Outlook no 'label' option

Servicedesk February 7, 2022

Hi there,

I'm quite new to Jira Service Management, and am setting up Jira Cloud for Outlook at the moment. Very nice to be able to add Outlook tickets to Jira Service Management! 
There's only one option missing for me: we make use of 'labels'. This option doesn't show when creating a new issue from Outlook.

Is there any way to add this option?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2022

Hi @Servicedesk 

Welcome to the community!

Jira Cloud for Outlook does support the Labels field but it might be hidden under the "Show more fields" buttons. Could you please check there and let me know if it showed up for you?

jira-cloud-for-outlook-labels.png

Servicedesk February 8, 2022

Hi there Vitallii, thanks!
It seems like your app looks way different than mine. What am I doing wrong? I'm using version 1.0.3.1 it says.

image.png

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2022

I see. Seems like you are trying to create a request (not an issue). This is the same as if you would create a request via the service desk portal. It seems like your request type doesn't have a label field. You can still switch to creating issues by clicking "Switch to issue type". This should show all issue fields available.

Let me know if that works.

Here's the button

jira-outlook-issue-type.png

Servicedesk February 8, 2022

Hi Vitalii, 
Thanks for your quick reponse. That explains something at least. 
The option 'label' does appear indeed, when switching to 'issue type', but sadly this is not how we use the portal, as we only use the 'Request type' + labels. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to add the label in the online portal after creating an issue.

Like Vitalii Saienko likes this
0 votes
Souad azoury December 11, 2023

Hello @Servicedesk ,

First, ensure that the 'Label' custom field is added to the issue type and request type you select within the app. If you've confirmed the label field is added and appears on the Jira side, but are still facing issues try Jira Plugin for Outlook (OTJ Jira for Outlook previously) it will help you with efficient label management, you can select labels or create new ones then select them directly from the create screen from Outlook. 

Hope this will help you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events