Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud For Sheets exports data in a different time format than my actual project time

Anirban Majumdar February 1, 2020

Hi,

I export data out of Jira service Desk using Jira Cloud for Sheets.  However, it appears that the timezone of my Project is different than the data exported.  

For example, for a ticket raised on 31st Jan at 10:22 PM on Jirs Service Desk, the date and time in the data  exported is 31st Jan at 8:52 AM.  This is causing my reports to go wrong.

How do I fix this in Jira Cloud For sheets.

Regards,

Anirban Majumdar

2 answers

2 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2020

Hello @Anirban Majumdar ,

Thank you for bringing this one up, and we are aware of the issue and believe there is a new bug causing the disruption, however we have only been able to observe this occur one other time.  In the alternate scenario in our testing we were not able to reproduce the error locally and the issue stoped occurring for the other user before we could investigate and locate cause of the error.

I have reached out to our development team to look into this one and my associate @Grant Apodaca  noted that he was already communication with you in regards to this particular issue, after you had contacted them via the in application feedback feature noting the error. Our dev team is working on scheduling some time for a screen share with you so they can investigate further to locating the cause of this error.

Please let us know if you did not receive our email about this and I can pass along the info.

Also, if anyone runs into this thread and we have not update it with a solution or bug report and you are encountering the same issue, please Reach out to our support team at https://support.atlassian.com mentioning this thread so we can take a closer look.

Regards,
Earl

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2020

Hello All,

We wanted to provide an update in case anyone else runs into this thread experiencing the same behavior.

We have found that this is a BUG in Google sheets directly, discussed in more detail in the following Google support thread, and as this is a error in the sheet settings directly there is noting we are able to do with the Jira Sheets application to correct this issue, and we will have to wait until the bug is patched in sheets.  But it is noted in the post that "An escalation has been created for this issue and is making its way through the Google system" so we should see a fix soon:

The workaround that was found is to Change your google sheets timezone to any different timezone, run the import, then switch it back to your local timezone and the issue should correct itself for subsequent imports.

Regards,
Earl

Like # people like this
0 votes
Chris Charensac November 19, 2020

tks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events