Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation get count of issues with current issue label.

İsmail Özçelik March 2, 2022

Hello,

I need a condition to execute rule.

So I need a query like this:

createdDate>'-1d' AND summary ~ KEYWORD AND label = {{triggerIssueLabel}} 

count less than 5. Then execute else do nothing.

However I cannot write a query like this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2022

Hi @İsmail Özçelik - I'm not sure of the trigger, but I was able to accomplish this with a couple actions:

1. Issue Lookup: I used this to execute the query and get the issues matching the query
  2. Create Variable: {{issueLookup.size}} gave me the number of issues that matched the query (I called it issueCount)

From there you could use an If/Else condition with the newly created variable {{issueCount}}

Hope this helps.

Hi @Mark Segall ,

Thanks for answer. But still I cannot get the label from issue and use it inside query.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2022

Can I get a screenshot of your rule?  It would help to have more context around the trigger and actions.

SmartSelect_20220302-195536_Chrome.jpg

@Mark Segall ,

This is my test rule. I try to add label condition.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2022

Thank you this clears things up for me. So, you'll want something like this in your JQL:

createdDate>'-1d' AND summary ~ ACIL AND labels = {{triggerIssue.labels}}

Thanks, some smart values gave error before so I don't think it. 

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2022

sorry - My query had an error.  I fixed it.  Should be {{triggerIssue.labels}}

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2022

Also - Note that if there's any possibility your issues will have multiple labels, you probably want to go with "IN" instead:

labels IN ({{triggerIssue.labels}})

Ok, I try 4 times, get all error :) I will continue.

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2022

Following up in a new question at  Nulling a clause when count is zero (atlassian.com)

A related problem I have is:

((labels in ({{triggerissue.labels}}) OR otherclause)

If there are any labels I want them to expand, e.g. 

labels in (label-1) or otherclause

But if labels are empty I don't want:

labels in () or otherclause

I just want:

otherclause

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events