Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation for JSM Portal

Julliane Chan June 11, 2024

Is it possible to use jira automation for JSM portal? 

What I want to do is to keep the form blank on landing page and when the category has been selected the required fields will be shown and if the category is changed the fields will also change

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2024

Hi Julliane - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You don't need to use cascading fields in the advanced forms, you handle that with sections. So you can have a dropdown with various values, and based on the value selected, you can show certain fields associated with that value. And make any of them mandatory at that point as well. 

0 votes
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2024

@Julliane Chan ,

Are you talking about Request Types, when you say category.

If you are looking for a way to show/hide fields depending on the values you are selecting, you can make use of Forms which will help you in your case.

If it is something else you are looking for, please provide more details.

Vj

Hi Vijay, 

I am not referring to request type instead just a custom field which we will use as the categorization (service catalog) for our tickets. 

I will check the Forms. Thank you

Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2024

yes, you can attach your field on your form to a custom jira field.

It seems that I cannot use the cascading field in Forms 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events