Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation copy comments to Custom Fields

admin-nwalter September 28, 2023

Dear Experts of the Atlassian Community,

Please follow me allong in the next scenario and help me figure out if this is possible. 

I have some difficulties with establishing a connection with a third party that uses ServiceNow. Particularely when it comes to comments. We're using automation for Jira to do a web request (GET & POST respectively) that will retrieve and send information, using a dedicated integration account (Basic Auth with API token). This all is being done 

I running into an issue with the comments, that whenever the third party's ServiceNow's instance sends us a ticket in our Jira system and makes changes to the ticket including commenting, this works just fine. 
The problem starts when I make a comment afterwards, which triggers the web request and sends the comment back. This is fine, but it also sends all previous comments instead of just the last one. 

So I thought about a workaround to copy the internal and public comments to separate customfields, so these can be mapped. But I am having trouble finding the right smartvalues to put the public comments in Field A and the internal comments in Field B. I used the following configuration in Automation for Jira:

Screenshot_690.png

The smartvalue for Field A returns both the public AND internal comments. Field B only returns true/false values. Is there a way to seperate them? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2023

@admin-nwalter

Take the smart value from your second field and use that as a condition. So if {{comment.properties."sd.public.comment".internal}} equals true, than put the first smart value into internal comment. If it is false, put the smart value into the 1st field.

admin-nwalter September 29, 2023

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems I have tested this out. This works! Thank you very much for your quick response!

Like Kian Stack Mumo Systems likes this
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2023

I'm glad I could help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events