Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation If/Else

Dexter Brooks June 22, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to setup a Jira Automation with and If/else statement. 

What I want to do is:

IF a comment is added by anyone except for a certain user then send an email notification to the assignee. 

1 answer

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

@Dexter Brooks -

Welcome to the community.  If I understand your ask correctly, then you may not need to use if/else block.  You should be able to use the conditional check for "User condition" (something like below) -

2022-06-22_8-05-04.png

However if you want to use if/else setup, then you will just add the "User condition" as a part of the If/else setup (something like below) -

2022-06-22_8-07-05.png

After the condition setup, you just need to add in the Actions as needed.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Dexter Brooks June 22, 2022

Thanks for the quick response. Basically we use Opsgenie for alerting and when a customer submits a ticket we also have to acknowledge the ticket in the Opsgenie. When we acknowledge the ticket Opgenie makes a comment on the ticket from our helpdesk account. I want to exclude email notifications for comment from Opsgenie/our Help Desk Account. Does that make more sense?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

@Dexter Brooks -

In our env, we don't use Opsgenie, thus I cannot advise further after your clarification.  I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for their technical assistance or possible solutions.

Best, Joseph

Dexter Brooks June 23, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin Please disregard the Opsgenie portion of my post. All I need to is create an automation that send a email when a comment is made on a service request but just need to exclude when a comment is made by a specific user. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

@Dexter Brooks -

It is then extremely simple... here is the rule for you to try

2022-06-23_6-44-14.png

Hope this helps.  Please click on Accept Answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Dexter Brooks June 23, 2022

How do I do the exclusion part? So if a comment is made by JIRA user "A" it won't send an email notification. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

@Dexter Brooks -

You just need to add in the User condition as I mentioned earlier in this thread by using a if condition check for issue type and user condition.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events