Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation: Approval notification issue

Sooraj g January 23, 2023

Hi Team,

I am in the process of setting up Problem Management process, where the requirement is when the status of Issue Type: Problem moves to Pending with Pending reason as "Awaiting Approval " --> a notification to be triggered to members in the approval group automatically. 

I have created below rule to trigger the approval email.

Test1.jpgThe approval email is getting triggered however when i move status of ticket to pending with reason as awaiting vendor, still the approval email get triggered . Require your help. 

2 answers

1 vote
Parsa Shiva February 7, 2023

Hello Sooraj,

Alternatively you could use the Approval Path for Jira plugin. It essentially takes care of the problem and saves you the time and hassle.

Best,
Parsa

0 votes
Ashley Hudson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2023

Hey @Sooraj g ,

I'd suggest to move / switch the issue type = problem around with the pending reason conditions? Then test again with the switch and check the audit log to see what has been returned! I hope this is a quick fix and let me know if it works out all okay!

Kind Regards,

Ashley Hudson

Sooraj g January 30, 2023

@Ashley Hudson 

Thanks for your suggestion, below is the change I made( hope i interpreted correctly) 

Jira Com_1.jpg 

The issue remain the same.  Additionally, i have added below snip might help 

Jira Com_2.jpg

Basically I am happy implement a different set up as long as the logic works as per my initial email.

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Ashley Hudson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2023

Heya @Sooraj g ,

I'd then suggest to add an email to the end of the automation so that you can configure and edit the email yourself and test directly within the automation rule. So for the last step, add the new action "send email" and do it by this method.

Kind Regards,

Ashley Hudson

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events